CORE Campervan Conversion 144 High Roof Features & Pricing
Our CORE conversions are designed get you out on the road now! Bring us your van, and let take care of the complicated bits: cutting in windows and vents, making diesel tank connections, and installing a base electrical system. We’ll take your van to the rough-in stage and you can take it from there! We can sell you the skookum parts that we use; install some, or all of them for you; or you can go your own way.
Let us speed up the DIY campervan process for you, and get your out there!
Insulation and Soundproofing
We start by covering the floor from the b-pillar back, and upper cab with Rattle Trap. Then we insulate the walls with rigid polyisocyanurate panels that we have CAD modelled, and CNC cut. Then we seal it with closed cell polyurethane spray foam for a tight fit. With over 100 different shaped pieces in each kit, we feel this saves a ton of time.
- Rattle Trap floor and cab covering for soundproofing
- EkoFoil Rigid panels deliver a quiet, warm cabin, with R6 - R18 insulation.
We use the diesel fuel tank pickup so that you can run all your appliances off diesel, starting with a super efficient Espar D2 heater. We add aftermarket opening side windows, and cut a hole in the roof for a fan to manage ventilation. Fan upgrades and additional heaters are optional.
- Espar D2 12V DC Diesel air heater under passenger seat (This assumes the tank has the auxiliary fuel line, and does not need to be tapped.)
- Maxxair Fan venting with intake or outtake
- 2 opening side windows with screens from CR Lawrence. (This assumes factory glass windows are there to be swapped out.)
Our base model electrical system is designed to give you interior lighting, run a laptop, and power an efficient ARB fridge. We keep it charged using your existing alternator and a solar panel. Shore power connections upgrades are available from 7 to 50Amp.
- 170Ah Victron AGM Battery
- Victron 350W Inverter with AC for your laptop, while the rest of the system runs DC
- Two AC Outlets with USB ports
- Vehicle Alternator connection for charging
- Four 12V LED DC soft white ceiling puck lights
- Three Gang BlueFire Switches with one spare.
We use NAUF, factory finished plywood in maple for our interiors
- Wall Panels - Solid core prefinished maple plywood wall and ceiling panels, secured with stainless fasteners.
- Curved wooden electrical conduit covers for easy access for future additions.
- Wooden Electrical Box mounted on the driver’s side rear, and overhead control panel for lighting, heater, and any other controls you select. This is usually wall mounted overhead behind the driver’s seat for convenience.
- Wooden wheel box cover
* pricing does not include the vehicle itself, shipping, or taxes
Shelter Overland is located on Vancouver Island, Canada.