Westcadia 144 Features & Pricing
If you have a high roof Sprinter Van, or plan to purchase one to convert, then let us do the work for you and get you on the road. Our model of the 144 Mercedes Sprinter conversion has a layout similar to a Westfalia, but with much more room, and a higher build quality. We’ve flipped the galley layout so you can look out the large sliding door while cooking, and access the pullout fridge from inside and out. This model carries 4 and sleeps two.
We’ve added convenience and efficiency by only using 12V diesel appliances - so you only have to fill your fuel tank and you’re good to go! The Victron Lithium power system is charged by solar, and the engine’s alternator, with options for shore power connections, to keep you charged on the go; we’ve kept it small, but easily expandable.
Then we just added some fun: an IPE on aluminum back deck, roof rack, and side ladder, with ability to carry two/four surfboards, or two kayaks, on the side of the van.
The conversion has a host of features for the weekend warrior including:
Galley and Head
- 13 Gallon Fresh Water Tank in cabin for winter camping (optional addtional outddor tank)
- Outdoor Shower/ Gear Wash on the rear back deck
- Counter Sink & Foldable Tap gives you more counter space when not in use
- Webasto Thermo Top Hot Water Heater for sink and shower is 12V DC Diesel
- Webasto X100 Two Burner Diesel Stove (with altitude kit, and no open flame)
- Pull out Fridge/Freezer can be unplugged and taking into your destination (47 litre ARB)
- Carrera Marble Tiled Counter
- Thetford Cassette Toilet Cabinet (removeable for trips when you’d prefer more space)
Heating, Cooling, and Windows
- Espar D2 12V DC Diesel, heater under passenger seat
- Rattlemax Floor Covering with closed cell spray foam walls and EkoFoil Rigid panels deliver a quiet cabin, with R6 - R18 insulation
- Fantastic Fan venting with intake or outage
- 2 Rear, and 2 opening side windows with screens
- Swivel Front Seats with lowered bases for comfort
- Smart Bed 2 person bench folds down bed is over 6’ long
- Solid Cork Flooring with ceramic reinforced coating for durability.
- Aluminum frame cabinets for strength and lower overall weight
- Solid Core and Euro Core Maple Plywood Walls (NAUF, and FSC when available)
- Table Mounts (back deck, outdoor, back seats, Captains’ desk)
- Victron 90Ah Lithium Battery System upgradeable to up to 360Ah
- Victron Color Monitor lets you visually see what’s happening with your system
- Victron 250W Inverter with AC for your laptop, while the rest of the system runs DC
- 180W Solar Panel upgradeable to 360W
- Vehicle Alternator connection for charging
- 4 LED 12V DC soft white puck lights
- Dimmable LED 12V DC undercount strip lighting
(*Not including the Sprinter Van. Don't have one? We can help you find the right one.)
Optional Equipment (contact us for individual pricing)
- Shelter Rear deck is IPE wood on aluminum and can be configured with bike mounts
- Shelter IPE Roof Rack on aluminum
- Shelter ladder surf/kayak pole mounts
- Shelter IPE running board
- BF Goodrich KO2 Tire upgrade
- Custom Window Coverings with magnetic attachment for privacy and insulation
Shelter Overland is located in Victoria, BC, Canada.